Computacenter is Europe's leading independent provider of IT infrastructure services. We advise customers on their IT strategy, implement the most appropriate technology and manage this technology on their behalf.
Our British-owned business has gone from strength to strength – as the timeline shows – and there's still plenty of room for growth. Our team now numbers some 10,000 people, who are based all over the world. Together, we focus on serving corporate and government organisations, and large enterprises.
What makes Computacenter different is the way we work day-to-day. We believe in giving our people the chance to progress and encourage a friendly, informal culture. That means you can wear (more or less) what you want, feel like part of a team and look to the future too.
Join Computacenter and you'll be joining a stable, growing business. As you can see from the timeline below, our company (including our Barcelona operations), has been expanding since day one.
- 1981: Computacenter was founded in the UK by Peter Ogden & Philip Hulme.
- 2007: Computacenter founds the Global Service Desk (GSD) in Barcelona, our flagship centre for multilingual support with nine accounts. Big contract wins mean that we are providing support from Barcelona to a total of 23 countries.
- 2008: GSD Barcelona continues to grow, working with our Malaysian and German offices to provide global support to petrochemical multinational Cognis.
- 2009: GSD Barcelona wins several new contracts, including a prestigious contact with pharmaceutical giant GSK, giving support in 10 languages to their European office – which means expanding our GSD team again.
- 2010: GSD Barcelona bucks the trend of global recession by growing further and winning two new contracts
- 2011: GSD Barcelona doubled in size and acquired a floor in the Blue Building next to the beach in Barcelona
- 2013: GSD won another major contract to buck the international downturn
- 2015: GSD consolidates it's new accounts and continues to grow. We also win the "Best managed service desk" from the "Service Desk Institute".
- 2016: We win another great new customer and move to a brand new building, bringing all of the Barcelona teams together under one roof.
We are improving every day so if you want any more information just take a look at www.computacenter.com.